Monday, September 19, 2011

Playtesting

I had a couple playtests this weekend, and things generally went well.

The first night, it was just me and Mike.  We played through each game mode a couple times.

Ninja Party seemed to work really well.  I think aside from adding some scoring, it’s basically good to go.

Catch A Thief was ok.  Seems like it needs some tuning.

Assassin, for some reason, was better.  I had a hell of a time when I was Sniper, but Mike seemed to have no problem picking me off when the situation was reversed.

Knights vs. Ninjas didn’t seem to work well at all, but that was ok, since it was just added that morning and still pretty rough.

Then, on Sunday evening, I got the chance to play with Mike and Iwan and Justin for a full four-person session.

Again, Ninja Party worked well.  Catch a Thief, again, was just kind of ok.  Assassin was ok.  Knights vs. Ninjas was surprising good.

In general, I just wanted to get some feedback that I was on the right track, and that the game mechanics (once they are figured out) would actually work, and I think I’m on that track.  So that was pretty satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment