Wednesday, August 22, 2012

IndieCade 2012

Well, it's official.

Hidden in Plain Sight has been nominated as a finalist for IndieCade 2012.

I'm still not exactly sure what that means.  I think I understand that the game will be on display somewhere for the public to play.  I guess it's also up to win one of the awards.  I don't know if there are prizes to be had, or if it's just publicity.  But it's pretty cool.

I'm really honored and flattered, of course.

IndieCade is in early October up in Smell-A.  So I guess I'll cruise up there for at least part of it over that weekend.  Should be fun!

5 comments:

  1. Can I have your autograph? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi !
    Congratulations for your nomination !

    I'm a big fan of your game, we spend entire evenings on it with a bunch of friends, it's awesome :)
    I'd like to ask your permission to publish a game inspired from yours that I developped with the Starcraft II Galaxy Editor. I used this as an "exercise" to get to know how the editor works, but since it's almost finished and works properly, I wouldn't like to waste it.

    So, as since I think it wouldn't be appropriate to do it without your consent, are you ok if I publish my mod inspired from your game on Blizzard's Starcraft II Arcade ?

    It'll be called ZIPS (Zealot in plain Sight), and I mention Hidden in plain sight in the subtitle.

    Please let me know.
    Good luck for your next projects.

    Best regards,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there ! Thank you for this game that looks brilliant. Unfortunatly I don't own a Xbox so I can't play it, I'd really like to.

    Well I guess people have already asked you this question, but can't find answer anywhere... Are you considering about making a PC version of your game ? Maybe on steam ?

    Keep on good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dadark...

    I've considered a PC version, but I'm concerned about how to implement a 4-player local multiplayer game on a PC. Specifically, how everyone would control their characters. The only real viable option is 4 gamepads, or 3 gamepads and keyboard. And I'm just not sure how big of an audience that is.

    In the end, I'm not sure that this game is appropriate for the PC. It really feels like a TV-and-couch kind of game.

    It is something I've thought (and am thinking) about, though, for sure.

    ReplyDelete